Budget Van Insurance
Budget’s Comprehensive Van Insurance features and benefits include:
- Cover for the loss of or damage to your van that is caused by accidental or malicious damage, vandalism, fire, theft or attempted theft
- Cover for any damage to your window screen or the damage to any window- Windscreen cover allows you to recoup the cost of any windscreen repairs, or even a full windscreen replacement if necessary
- A refund of your paid excess should your van be involved in an accident that is caused by an uninsured driver
- Up to £500 cover for replacement locks
- Up to £500 cover for post-accident hotel expenses for you and your passengers
- Cover will not be provided for any damage caused by the incorrect maintenance or fuelling of your van
- The theft if the keys are left in or on the car while it is left unattended will not be covered
- Driving other cars cover is not provided with this policy
Why do I need van insurance?
It is a legal obligation within the UK for all drivers on the road to insure their vehicles. Van insurance protects you against the possibility that you may injure yourself or another person whilst on the road. It also covers you against damage to another person’s property or vehicle.
Anyone driving without van insurance could receive a fine, be prosecuted or even receive a driving ban so it’s important that you protect yourself, your vehicle and others on the road by ensuring that you are insured.
What types of van insurance is available to me?
Nowadays, there are four main types of van insurance available in the UK. Different types of cover offer different levels of protection. You will need to check with your insurance company as to what level of cover your policy offers you.
The four types of van insurance policies available are:
Telematics relies on a black box being installed in your van. This type of cover calculates your premium based on the information that is fed back from the black box, this often includes; speed, distance travelled, breaking style and the time of day/night that you are on the road.
Budget Insurance currently does not offer a telematics van insurance product, however, there are plenty on the market should you wish to pursue black box insurance.
Third party only
This is the minimum level of cover that you are legally required to have in the UK. Third party insurance provides you with cover for; liability for the injury of others (including passengers), damage to someone else’s property and liability whilst towing a caravan or trailer but this does not cover damage to the driver's own vehicle.
Third party; fire and theft
This level of cover provides you with protection from everything that’s included in a third party policy (see above), plus fire damage, the theft of your vehicle and damage to your van caused during the theft of it.
This is the highest level of insurance available within the UK.Comprehensive insurance provides cover if your van is stolen, damaged by fire or accidentally damaged. You are covered if you are involved in a road traffic accident and you’re also covered for claims made against you by other people for bodily injury or damage, made by your vehicle to their property.
Budget Insurance offers third party, third party fire and theft and Comprehensive van insurance policies but does not offer a telematics product at this time.
Why should I take out van insurance with Budget Insurance?
Here at Budget Insurance we understand if you’re self-employed your business can suffer if your van has been involved in an accident or stolen. However you use your van, we can find you great value insurance with cover that’s right for you.
Not only do we offer great Van Insurance, but we also look after our customers when they need us. Our customer service team are on hand 7 days a week to answer any questions you may have regarding your van insurance and our UK claims helpline is open 24/7 so we’re here when you need us.
We also provide you with access to your policy documents via our online Self Service Centre 24 hours a day. You can make payments, amend your policies and view and print your insurance documents at a time to suit you.
How do I get a van insurance quote?
To get a van insurance quote you will need to visit a reputable van insurance provider or comparison site and complete an online quote form. You will need the following details to hand in order to complete your quote:
- Your personal details: Name, date of birth, address, job title
- Your car details: Registration plate or make, model and age
- Your driving history: How long you’ve had your driving licence, any claims or driving convictions and any years’ No Claims Discount (NCD) you have
- How your car will be used: Estimated annual mileage, where it’ll be parked and if there will be any additional drivers
You may be asked for additional information or specific proof dependent upon what the insurance provider is requesting.
To get a Van Insurance quote with Budget Insurance, simply visit our website and click ‘get a quote’. If you need any help during the quote process, please call our Customer Service Team on 0344 412 2124. Our team are available to take your calls Monday to Friday 8am-9pm; Saturday 9am-5pm; Sunday 10am-4pm.