Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions shall apply to Your use of the Website located at www.budgetinsurance.com
By using the Website You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below and if You do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions You should not use the Website.
We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions from time to time but if We do so We shall post any such changes on the Website. Your continued use of the Website shall constitute acceptance of the amended terms and conditions.
2. Who Regulates Us?
3. Whose products do We offer?
4. Use of the Website
5. Your Obligations
6. Which service will We provide You with?
7. Price Delivery
8. What will You have to pay Us for Our services?
9. What to do if You have a complaint
10. Are We covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme(FSCS)?
11. UK Residents Only
12. Intellectual Property
13. Responsibility for content
15. Third Party Websites
18. Free Will Offer
20. Arrival Competition
1. Definitions You and Your means the person who wishes to use the Website, We Us and Our means Budget Insurance a trading name of BISL Limited of Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS its employees and agents, its successors and includes any other person or business to whom We may transfer Our rights under these terms and conditions. Website means a site on the World Wide Web.
2. Who Regulates Us? BISL Limited, Pegasus House, Bakewell Road Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our Register number is 308896.
Our permitted business is arranging general insurance contracts.
You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA's Website www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
3. Whose products do We offer? We offer car, home, van and life insurance. We also offer the following additional products from a range of providers. Motor Legal Protection is provided by ACM ULR Limited and underwritten by AmTrust Europe. Keycare is provided by Keycare Limited. Tyre & Alloy Protection Cover and Scratch & Dent Protection Cover is provided by UK General. Family Legal Protection is provided by ACM ULR Limited and underwritten by AmTrust Europe. Guaranteed Replacement Car/Van is provided by ACM ULR Limited. Breakdown Cover is provided by RAC Motoring Services and Home Emergency Assistance is provided by ARAG and underwritten by AmTrust Europe. NCD Protection is arranged and administered by BISL Limited.
4. Use of the Website You agree that Your use of the Website shall be in accordance with the following conditions: You will not do anything that affects the integrity or security of the Website or causes unreasonable inconvenience to any of Our staff.
You will not gather, extract, download, reproduce and/or display or advertise on any other Website, other online or off-line service or otherwise, any material on or from this Website, including but not limited to information relating to insurance prices, whether that information has been gained by the use of spiders, data mining, trawling or other ‘screen scraping’ software or system used to extract data.
If You breach any of the provisions set out at paragraph above, We may take such action as We deem appropriate, including denying You access to the Website, bringing legal proceedings against You and disclosing information to appropriate legal and/or regulatory bodies.
5. Your Obligations It is important that the information You provide throughout the quote and the duration of the policy is accurate. Failure to disclose correct and complete information to the best of Your knowledge and belief may result in increased premiums, refusal of a claim or not being fully paid, Your policy being cancelled or being made null and void and treated as if it never existed.
6. Which service will We provide You with? We are an insurance intermediary and You will enter into two separate contracts when You take out an insurance policy through Us. The first contract is with Us and sets out the terms and conditions under which We will arrange and administer Your insurance policy on Your behalf and any fee(s) that We shall charge You for providing Our insurance intermediary services. Please see Our ‘Important Information About Our Insurance Intermediary Services’ document and the sections below for further details.
You will also enter into a separate contract with the insurer for providing Your insurance. Details of the premium charged and the terms and conditions relevant to the insurance policy are set out in Your Policy Documents. When You purchase additional products or pay for Your policy by instalments using a fixed sum loan agreement, You will enter into further contracts with each insurer or supplier for these services.
You did not receive advice or a recommendation from Us. We asked some questions to narrow down the selection of products that We provided details on. You then made Your own choice about how to proceed. Your quote will remain valid for 30 days. The insurance intermediary services We will provide to You, on Your behalf, include:
We will arrange Your vehicle and home insurance by selecting a range of best prices from Our panel of insurers that We can offer, We will arrange Your cover with the insurer based on Your requirements, We will deal with Your payment and provide You with the details and documentation relating to Your policy.
Dealing with Your requests for adjustments You have to make to Your vehicle or home policy Your policy, such as changes to the cover required, the use and/or vehicle/home insured. We will notify the insurer, deal with any amendments or adjustments of premium required and provide You with confirmation of any changes to Your policy. We may arrange cover with an alternative insurer if the amendments to Your policy are not acceptable to Your original insurer.
We will also arrange the cancellation of Your policy at Your request, notify the insurer, deal with any refunds of premium, confirm the changes to Your policy and arrange the return of documents.
Dealing with Your requests for any duplicate or replacement documentation relating to Your policy and/or additional products.
We will arrange optional additional add-on products where you consider these products meet Your needs.
We will also arrange the renewal of Your vehicle or home insurance and additional products based on Your requirements.
Please see the 'Important Information About Our Insurance Intermediary Services' document for further details
7. Price Delivery You should receive the results of Our price comparison technology interactively. However, We are reliant on the availability of the third party sites and on the overall performance of the World Wide Web. Therefore, at certain times interactive quotes may not be available.
8. What will You have to pay Us for Our services? Full details of Our fees for amendments or services related to Your policy can be found in Our contract with You, set out in the ‘Important information About Our Insurance Intermediary Services’ section of Your policy documentation.
We aim to provide a high level of service to all Our customers but occasionally things can go wrong, when this happens We will do everything We can to put things right.
If You have a complaint about Our service or Your policy, please contact Us:
Please ring 0344 412 2118 for vehicle or home policies and 0330 018 8806 for life policies and You will be put through to the Customer Service Team. We will attempt to resolve Your complaint within 3 days. If this does not happen We will agree the next step with You.
Please address Your letter to:
Customer Relations Manager
Should You wish to use an alternative means of communication, We are happy on request to correspond with You by e-mail, or fax.
Please include details of Your name and address, a contact telephone number, Your policy or quote number and details of why You are unhappy. This will help Us to respond to You as quickly as possible. If We do not have enough information to investigate Your complaint We will contact You to ask You for further details. In all cases We will send a written acknowledgement of Your complaint to You within 5 working days of its receipt. In Our acknowledgement We will advise You of the name and job title of the person who will be dealing with Your complaint.
Within four weeks of receiving Your complaint We will send You either: A final response; or
A letter explaining why We are not yet in a position to resolve Your complaint and advising You of when We will be contacting You again.
By the end of eight weeks after receipt of Your original complaint letter We will send You:
A final response; or
A letter explaining why We are still not in a position to issue a final response and advising You of when We expect to be able to do so. At this time, if You are dissatisfied with the delay You may refer Your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. For more information please go to www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
For full details of Our complaints handling process please see the section marked 'Complaints procedure’ in Your main policy documentation.
We always try to resolve any complaint to put things right. However, if you have already contacted us and we have not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction, you may wish to use the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution service This is an online portal designed to help consumers who have bought goods or services online to conduct dispute resolution, in any of the official languages of the European Union, which will then be forwarded to the Financial Ombudsman Service. ‘
For the purposes of handling complaints Our working day is 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, not including Bank Holidays.
10. Are We covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)? We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if We cannot meet Our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit. For compulsory classes of insurance, insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the claim without any upper limit. Further information about compensation schemes arrangements is available from the FSCS Website www.fscs.org.uk or write to Financial Services Compensation Scheme, 10th Floor, Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, London, EC3A 7QU .
11. UK Residents Only The products and services described on this Website are only available to residents of the United Kingdom offering life, private car, light commercial vehicle, and home insurance. For vehicle and home insurance our products and services are available to residents within Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man (excluding the Channel Islands). For life insurance our products and services are available to residents within Great Britain and Northern Ireland (excluding the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands). By requesting a quote, You confirm that all drivers on Your policy are UK residents or that the property or life to be insured are located within the UK and that if there are any changes to this status then You would immediately notify Us.
You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on the Website subject to the condition that the material may only be used for personal non-commercial purposes. Copying or storing the contents of the Website for other than personal use is expressly prohibited.
13. Responsibility for content We are providing this Website on an "as is" either end basis and make no representations or warranties of any kind in respect of this site or its contents and disclaim all such representations and warranties. In addition, We make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this Website. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All Our liability howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We make no warranty that the Website or any linked Website is free from viruses or other malicious computer problems. You are responsible for ensuring that You use the appropriate virus checking software.
Neither We nor any of Our employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property in claims of third parties.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations under the clause are intended to limit any rights You may have as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded or in any way to exclude or limit Our liability to You for death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence or that of Our employees or agents.
15. Third Party Websites This Website may also contain hyper text links to Websites operated by third parties. The operation and content of those Websites shall be determined by the organisation which controls the Website and this will be governed by separate terms and conditions. Links are provided for convenience only and inclusion of any links should not be taken to imply endorsement in any way of the site to which it links. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of any other Website.
16. Termination We have in Our sole discretion the right to issue a warning, temporary suspension, or an indefinite suspension and termination of Your rights to use the Website if You:- act inconsistently and in breach of these terms and conditions; - at any time violate or attempt to violate any rights of any other user of the Website or third parties; are engaged in any fraudulent activity.
17. General If any provision of these terms and conditions are held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of this agreement and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected.
English law will apply to this agreement and the parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Save as expressly provided elsewhere these terms and conditions shall apply only between Us and You and no other person shall be entitled to benefit from them.
When purchasing a Life Insurance policy You will be eligible for a Free Simple Will (as defined below) if Your policy is active, paid up to date and Budget Insurance Services have not been instructed to cancel it. If you purchase a joint policy You will be eligible for a Free Simple Will or a Joint Mirror Will (as defined below).
A Simple Will: this is a Will that disposes of the Customer’s estate to a maximum of six beneficiaries without the use of trusts or tax planning.
A Joint Mirror Will: this is a Joint Simple Will that disposes of a couple’s estate to the same beneficiaries.
All arrangements for the Free Will will be between the Customer and the Solicitor (as defined below. Budget Insurance Services accepts no responsibility or liability for the actions of the Solicitors in the carrying out of the provision of the Free Will offer and/or for the Free Will.
Any additional costs for more complex Wills or additional services shall be charged to the Customer by the Solicitor. The solicitor will keep the Customer appropriately informed as to the likely costs of the complex will or additional services throughout the process.
The Free Will will be provided by either (depending on Your country of residence):
a. Hannah Solicitors LLP which is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no. 597796) and is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with number OC380818. Registered office Christchurch House, The Embankment, Wellingborough, Northants, NN8 1LD, England for England and Wales;
b. Gildeas Limited, registered in Scotland (registration number SC365972) who have their registered office at 48 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 5TS for Scotland;
c. Stewarts Solicitors, registered in Northern Ireland (registration number NI603484) who have their registered office at Telford House, 3-4 Donegall Quay, Belfast, Antrim, BT1 3EA for Northern Ireland. (together the “Solicitors”)
This offer is non-transferable; therefore the Will must be made by the Policyholder(s) alone This offer is valid for 6 calendar months from the purchase date of the Life Insurance policy and a Will needs to be completed within 6 calendar months of instructing the Solicitor to produce the Free Will in accordance with this offer.
Each eligible Customer shall only be entitled to one Free Will and these terms and conditions are governed by English law.
Budget Insurance Services reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time. Any such amendments will be published on https://www.budgetinsurance.co.uk
Please be aware that Budget Insurance Services reserves the right to recover the full cost of the Free Will if the Policy is cancelled within six months of taking up this offer.
Whilst, as English law and HM Revenue & Customs practice stands in September 2014, the trust is potentially capable of achieving these effects, Budget Insurance Services cannot accept responsibility for the use of this trust as its suitability depends upon the policyholder’s individual circumstances.
Before using this trust, the policyholder should take legal advice.
The policyholder is responsible for ensuring that the trust form is completed accurately and executed correctly.
Budget Insurance Services cannot accept responsibility for loss, however caused, suffered by any person who has acted or refrained from acting as a result of this trust or any accompanying material published in or in conjunction with this trust.
Policies that are assigned as a security on a loan (e.g. a mortgage) cannot be put in trust.
This trust is intended for use where there is one policyholder and one policy. It is not suitable for joint policyholders.
1. These terms and conditions apply to the Arrival DVD competition (“the Competition”)
2. Entry to the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions, therefore, please read carefully.
3. No purchase is necessary.
4. The promoter (“Promoter”) of the Competition is Budget Insurance, which is a trading name of BISL Limited, registered in England and Wales, company number 3231094, whose registered office is Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS (“the Promoter”).
5. The Competition is open only to UK residents who are aged 16 and above. (Excluding employees of the BGL Group, third parties involved in the Competition and their families).
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must like the Budget Insurance Facebook and/or Twitter pages and comment in the post with #ArrivalInsurance or re-tweet within the time scales specified in item 9 below.
7. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete entries or entries not properly received due to technical, communication or other problems. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
9. The Competition will run from 9:00am on Thursday 16th March 2017 until 3:00pm on Monday 20th March 2017. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
10. The prize (“the Prize”) is: 1 X copy of DVD Arrival
11. Ten winners shall be selected at random, 5 from Twitter and 5 from Facebook.
12. The winners shall be notified via Facebook or Twitter direct message at 3:30pm on 20th March 2017.
13. There shall be no alternative to the Prize although the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal value.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter shall not enter into correspondence with respect to its decision. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or exclude any individual for inappropriate behaviour including but not limited to:
- entries which, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, are inappropriate or derogatory to the subject matter of the Competition;
- tampering with the entry process, (including exceeding any limitation on the numbers of
- entries allowed), or any other process which, in the opinion of the Promoter, in any way affects the fairness of the Competition;
- tampering with the operation of the Competition or the website of the Promoter.
- acting in violation of the terms of the Competition;
- violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines on Facebook
- acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person;
- submitting entries on behalf of another individual; or any conduct which would put other entrants at an unfair disadvantage.
15. Details of the Winner’s name may be obtained by sending an email to Libby.Morley@bglgroup.co.uk within 1 week of the Closing Date.
16. Personal data supplied during the course of the Competition will only be used for the purposes of the administration of the Competition but may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize.
17. The Winner may be required to take part in reasonable publicity in connection with the Competition, including the publication of their name, geographic location and photograph both in print and online.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the Prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition
19. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something beyond its reasonable control, or that of a third party providing the Prize.
20. The Promoter shall not be liable for any additional expenses incurred by the Winner in connection with the Prize.
21. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.