These terms and conditions shall apply to Your use of the Website located at www.budgetinsurance.com
By using the Website You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below and if You do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions You should not use the Website.
We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions from time to time but if We do so We shall post any such changes on the Website. Your continued use of the Website shall constitute acceptance of the amended terms and conditions.
2. Who Regulates Us?
3. Whose products do We offer?
4. Use of the Website
5. Your Obligations
6. Which service will We provide You with?
7. Price Delivery
8. What will You have to pay Us for Our services?
9. What to do if You have a complaint
10. Are We covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme(FSCS)?
11. UK Residents Only
12. Intellectual Property
13. Responsibility for content
15. Third Party Websites
18. Free Will Offer
20. Life Insurance Cashback Offer Terms and Conditions
1. Definitions You and Your means the person who wishes to use the Website, We Us and Our means Budget Insurance a trading name of BISL Limited of Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS its employees and agents, its successors and includes any other person or business to whom We may transfer Our rights under these terms and conditions. Website means a site on the World Wide Web.
2. Who Regulates Us? BISL Limited, Pegasus House, Bakewell Road Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our Register number is 308896.
Our permitted business is arranging general insurance contracts.
You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s Website www.fca.org.uk.
3. Whose products do We offer? We offer car, home, van and life insurance. We also offer the following additional products from a range of providers. Motor Legal Protection is provided by ACM ULR Limited and underwritten by RAC. Keycare is provided by Keycare Limited. Family Legal Protection is provided by ACM ULR Limited and underwritten by AmTrust Europe. Guaranteed Replacement Car/Van is administered by ACM ULR Limited. Underwritten by UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance SE. Breakdown Cover is provided by RAC Motoring Services and Home Emergency Assistance is provided by ARAG and underwritten by AmTrust Europe. NCD Protection is arranged and administered by BISL Limited.PAC taken out on quotes or renewal offers on or before 26 June 2019 will be Provided by Cigna Europe Insurance Company S.A-N.V. For PAC taken out on quotes or renewal offers between 27 June 2019 and 27 July 2019, please refer to your policy documentation. PAC taken out on quotes or renewal offers after 27 July 2019 will be Provided by Covea Insurance plc.
4. Use of the Website You agree that Your use of the Website shall be in accordance with the following conditions: You will not do anything that affects the integrity or security of the Website or causes unreasonable inconvenience to any of Our staff.
You will not gather, extract, download, reproduce and/or display or advertise on any other Website, other online or off-line service or otherwise, any material on or from this Website, including but not limited to information relating to insurance prices, whether that information has been gained by the use of spiders, data mining, trawling or other ‘screen scraping’ software or system used to extract data.
If You breach any of the provisions set out at paragraph above, We may take such action as We deem appropriate, including denying You access to the Website, bringing legal proceedings against You and disclosing information to appropriate legal and/or regulatory bodies.
5. Your Obligations It is important that the information You provide throughout the quote and the duration of the policy is accurate. Failure to disclose correct and complete information to the best of Your knowledge and belief may result in increased premiums, refusal of a claim or not being fully paid, Your policy being cancelled or being made null and void and treated as if it never existed.
6. Which service will We provide You with? We are an insurance intermediary and You will enter into two separate contracts when You take out an insurance policy through Us. The first contract is with Us and sets out the terms and conditions under which We will arrange and administer Your insurance policy on Your behalf and any fee(s) that We shall charge You for providing Our insurance intermediary services. Please see Our ‘Important Information About Our Insurance Intermediary Services’ document and the sections below for further details.
You will also enter into a separate contract with the insurer for providing Your insurance. Details of the premium charged and the terms and conditions relevant to the insurance policy are set out in Your Policy Documents. When You purchase additional products or pay for Your policy by instalments using a fixed sum loan agreement, You will enter into further contracts with each insurer or supplier for these services.
You did not receive advice or a recommendation from Us. We asked some questions to narrow down the selection of products that We provided details on. You then made Your own choice about how to proceed. Your quote will remain valid for 30 days. The insurance intermediary services We will provide to You, on Your behalf, include:
We will arrange Your vehicle and home insurance by selecting a range of best prices from Our panel of insurers that We can offer, We will arrange Your cover with the insurer based on Your requirements, We will deal with Your payment and provide You with the details and documentation relating to Your policy.
Dealing with Your requests for adjustments You have to make to Your vehicle or home policy Your policy, such as changes to the cover required, the use and/or vehicle/home insured. We will notify the insurer, deal with any amendments or adjustments of premium required and provide You with confirmation of any changes to Your policy. We may arrange cover with an alternative insurer if the amendments to Your policy are not acceptable to Your original insurer.
We will also arrange the cancellation of Your policy at Your request, notify the insurer, deal with any refunds of premium, confirm the changes to Your policy and arrange the return of documents.
Dealing with Your requests for any duplicate or replacement documentation relating to Your policy and/or additional products.
We will arrange optional additional add-on products where you consider these products meet Your needs.
We will also arrange the renewal of Your vehicle or home insurance and additional products based on Your requirements.
Please see the ‘Important Information About Our Insurance Intermediary Services’ document for further details
7. Price Delivery You should receive the results of Our price comparison technology interactively. However, We are reliant on the availability of the third party sites and on the overall performance of the World Wide Web. Therefore, at certain times interactive quotes may not be available.
8. What will You have to pay Us for Our services? Full details of Our fees for amendments or services related to Your policy can be found in Our contract with You, set out in the ‘Important information About Our Insurance Intermediary Services’ section of Your policy documentation.
We aim to provide a high level of service to all Our customers but occasionally things can go wrong, when this happens We will do everything We can to put things right.
If You have a complaint about Our service or Your policy, please contact Us:
Please ring 0344 412 2118 for vehicle or home policies and 0330 018 8806 for life policies and You will be put through to the Customer Service Team. We will attempt to resolve Your complaint within 3 days. If this does not happen We will agree the next step with You.
Please address Your letter to:
Customer Relations Manager
Should You wish to use an alternative means of communication, We are happy on request to correspond with You by e-mail, or fax.
Please include details of Your name and address, a contact telephone number, Your policy or quote number and details of why You are unhappy. This will help Us to respond to You as quickly as possible. If We do not have enough information to investigate Your complaint We will contact You to ask You for further details. In all cases We will send a written acknowledgement of Your complaint to You within 5 working days of its receipt. In Our acknowledgement We will advise You of the name and job title of the person who will be dealing with Your complaint.
Within four weeks of receiving Your complaint We will send You either: A final response; or
A letter explaining why We are not yet in a position to resolve Your complaint and advising You of when We will be contacting You again.
By the end of eight weeks after receipt of Your original complaint letter We will send You:
A final response; or
A letter explaining why We are still not in a position to issue a final response and advising You of when We expect to be able to do so. At this time, if You are dissatisfied with the delay You may refer Your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. For more information please go to www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
For full details of Our complaints handling process please see the section marked ‘Complaints procedure’ in Your main policy documentation.
We always try to resolve any complaint to put things right. However, if you have already contacted us and we have not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction, you may wish to use the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution service This is an online portal designed to help consumers who have bought goods or services online to conduct dispute resolution, in any of the official languages of the European Union, which will then be forwarded to the Financial Ombudsman Service. ‘
For the purposes of handling complaints Our working day is 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, not including Bank Holidays.
10. Are We covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)? We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if We cannot meet Our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit. For compulsory classes of insurance, insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the claim without any upper limit. Further information about compensation schemes arrangements is available from the FSCS Website www.fscs.org.uk or write to Financial Services Compensation Scheme, 10th Floor, Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, London, EC3A 7QU .
11. UK Residents Only The products and services described on this Website are only available to residents of the United Kingdom offering life, private car, light commercial vehicle, and home insurance. For vehicle and home insurance our products and services are available to residents within Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man (excluding the Channel Islands). For life insurance our products and services are available to residents within Great Britain and Northern Ireland (excluding the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands). By requesting a quote, You confirm that all drivers on Your policy are UK residents or that the property or life to be insured are located within the UK and that if there are any changes to this status then You would immediately notify Us.
You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on the Website subject to the condition that the material may only be used for personal non-commercial purposes. Copying or storing the contents of the Website for other than personal use is expressly prohibited.
13. Responsibility for content We are providing this Website on an “as is” either end basis and make no representations or warranties of any kind in respect of this site or its contents and disclaim all such representations and warranties. In addition, We make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this Website. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All Our liability howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We make no warranty that the Website or any linked Website is free from viruses or other malicious computer problems. You are responsible for ensuring that You use the appropriate virus checking software.
Neither We nor any of Our employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property in claims of third parties.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations under the clause are intended to limit any rights You may have as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded or in any way to exclude or limit Our liability to You for death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence or that of Our employees or agents.
15. Third Party Websites This Website may also contain hyper text links to Websites operated by third parties. The operation and content of those Websites shall be determined by the organisation which controls the Website and this will be governed by separate terms and conditions. Links are provided for convenience only and inclusion of any links should not be taken to imply endorsement in any way of the site to which it links. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of any other Website.
16. Termination We have in Our sole discretion the right to issue a warning, temporary suspension, or an indefinite suspension and termination of Your rights to use the Website if You:- act inconsistently and in breach of these terms and conditions; – at any time violate or attempt to violate any rights of any other user of the Website or third parties; are engaged in any fraudulent activity.
17. General If any provision of these terms and conditions are held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of this agreement and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected.
English law will apply to this agreement and the parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Save as expressly provided elsewhere these terms and conditions shall apply only between Us and You and no other person shall be entitled to benefit from them.
1. To be eligible for the Free Will offer, participants must purchase a life insurance policy with Budget Insurance Services (“Customer(s)”). This offer is open to UK residents only.
2. Customers purchasing a policy will be eligible for a Free Simple Will (as defined below) if their policy is active, paid up to date and Budget Insurance Services have not been instructed to cancel it. Customers purchasing a joint policy will be eligible for a Free Simple Will or a Joint Mirror Will (as defined below).
3. A Simple Will: this is a Will that disposes of the Customer’s estate to a maximum of six beneficiaries without the use of trusts or tax planning.
4. A Joint Mirror Will: this is a joint Simple Will that disposes of a couple’s estate to the same beneficiaries.
5. All arrangements for the Free Will will be between the Customer and the Provider (as defined below)Budget Insurance Services accepts no responsibility or liability for the actions of the Provider in the carrying out of the provision of the Free Will offer and/or for the Free Will.
6. Any additional costs for more complex wills not covered by this offer and/or additional services that the Customer may require shall be charged to the Customer by the Provider. The Provider will keep the Customer appropriately informed as to the likely costs of a complex will or additional services throughout the process.
7. The Free Will will be provided by one of the following firms (depending on the Customer’s country of residence):
a. Hannah Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with number 06061352 whose registered office is at London House, 16 High Street, Rushden, Northants, NN10 0PR, England for England and Wales;
b. Gildeas Limited, registered in Scotland (registration number SC365972) who have their registered office at 48 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 5TS for Scotland;
c. Stewarts Solicitors, registered in Northern Ireland (registration number NI603484) who have their registered office at Telford House, 3-4 Donegall Quay, Belfast, Antrim, BT1 3EA for Northern Ireland;
(together the “Providers”)
8. This offer is non-transferable; therefore the Will must be made by the Customer(s) alone.
9. All information necessary for the completion of the Free Will needs to be given to the Provider by the Customer within 6 calendar months of instructing the Provider to produce the Free Will in accordance with this offer.
10. Each eligible Customer shall only be entitled to one Free Will.
11. These terms and conditions are governed by English law.
12. Budget Insurance Services reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time. Any such amendments will be published on https://www.budgetinsurance.com.
Whilst, as English law and HM Revenue & Customs practice stands in September 2014, the trust is potentially capable of achieving these effects, Budget Insurance Services cannot accept responsibility for the use of this trust as its suitability depends upon the policyholder’s individual circumstances.
Before using this trust, the policyholder should take legal advice.
The policyholder is responsible for ensuring that the trust form is completed accurately and executed correctly.
Budget Insurance Services cannot accept responsibility for loss, however caused, suffered by any person who has acted or refrained from acting as a result of this trust or any accompanying material published in or in conjunction with this trust.
Policies that are assigned as a security on a loan (e.g. a mortgage) cannot be put in trust.
This trust is intended for use where there is one policyholder and one policy. It is not suitable for joint policyholders.
1. The Cashback Offer is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, who purchase a Budget Life Insurance Policy direct through Budget website https://www.budgetinsurance.com/life-insurance/ or by calling 0330 018 8806.
2. Policies must be taken out between 13th August 2018 and 12th September 2018 and the premium must be £10 or more.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, terminate or extend the Cashback Offer at any time without notice or liability.
4. To qualify for the Cashback Offer (‘the Cashback’) you must apply through https://www.budgetinsurance.com/life-insurance/ or by calling 0330 018 8806 directly for a new Budget Life Insurance Policy or Budget Life Insurance with Critical Illness Policy (‘the Policy’) and subsequently be accepted for, and purchase the Policy.
5. You must also make six monthly payments to qualify for the Cashback Offer.
6. Please allow up to 50 days from the receipt of the sixth monthly payment for you to receive the Cashback.
7. In the case of a joint policy, only the first named customer can participate in the Cashback Offer and receive the Cashback.
8. The Cashback amount will be for the sum of £100 and will be paid directly to the bank account from which policy premiums are collected. No alternative payment method is available.
9. You can only participate in the Cashback Offer once. If the Promoter reasonably believes the Cashback Offer is being abused in any way the Promoter reserves its right to stop a payment being made, or reclaim the Cashback in such circumstances.
10. No other Offer can be used in conjunction with the Cashback Offer.
11. Standard policy terms and conditions apply.
12. Events may occur which render the Cashback Offer or the awarding of the Cashback Offer impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter. In such circumstance, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion vary or amend the Cashback Offer and you agree that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
13. The Cashback Offer is subject to English Law.
14. Budget Life Insurance is arranged and administered by BISL Limited. BISL Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
15. BISL Limited – registered in England and Wales (company no. 3231094). Registered office – Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough PE2 6YS. (‘the Promoter’)