Home Insurance

Trusted for over 25 years

Home Insurance

Protect your home with cover of up to £1 million as standard with our Buildings Insurance.

With Budget’s Home Insurance product we offer buildings cover for up to £1 million and contents cover for up to £99,000 so you can relax in the knowledge that we have you covered should the worst occur.

Why choose Budget Insurance?

We know that as well as great insurance you also want peace of mind and the reassurance that your homes, vehicles and lives are protected.

For our motor and home insurance policies we offer a 24/7 claims helpline should you need us. 

If you need to view or download your policy documents or make changes to your policy why not log into My Account, any time of day or night.

Great value cover

Flexible insurance policies to suit your needs

Claims helpline

Available 24/7 for motor and home policies

Documents Online
My Account

Access documents and more when convenient to you

Budget’s Home Insurance features and benefits include:

What it covers

Things to think about

Create your perfect home insurance package

Whatever type of cover you choose, you can get even more protection with our additional cover options, including:

Motor Legal Protection

Family Legal Protection

Family Legal Protection

Learn more

My Account

We realise that printed policies are likely to be misplaced and if you want to make amendments to your policy it is not always convenient to ring up a call centre. We want you to be able to look after your insurance policy in the way and at the time that suits you. That’s where My Account comes in. 

Once you have bought your policy you will be asked to register for My Account. Use the same email address you stated when you bought your policy and create a password – it’s that simple.

Frequently asked questions

Your home could potentially be the most expensive thing that you will ever own. Home insurance protects your home in the unfortunate event of an accident that causes damage.

There is no law saying that you have to have home insurance; it is not compulsory in the UK, however, it is worth thinking about what you would do or how you would fund the repairs should your house flood or be vandalised.

With Budget’s Home Insurance product we offer Buildings cover for up to £1 million and Contents cover for up to £99,000 so you can relax in the knowledge that we have you covered should the worst occur.

There are different types of home insurance available within the UK depending on whether you want to insure your building, the contents within it, or both. You can choose the type and level of cover that you require. Additionally, if you’re letting a property and are a landlord you can purchase Landlord’s Buildings and Contents insurance.

Budget Insurance offers Buildings insurance, Contents insurance and Buildings and Contents insurance combined so that you can choose the level of cover that suits you. You can also opt to add additional extras to your policy such as Family Legal Protection and Keycare.

Typically, contents insurance will cover the contents that you declare, as standard within the home. Some contents insurance policies will also cover your contents outside of the home which is handy if you travel a lot. Not all of your contents will be covered under a contents insurance policy, you may require additional cover for such items as bicycles, mobile phones etc.

With Budget Insurance you are covered for the repair or replacement of your belongings if they’re damaged or stolen, with contents cover available from £15,000 to £99,000.

Whether you purchase buildings insurance, contents insurance or a joint policy with Budget Insurance, you can get even more protection with our additional cover options, which include:

  • Family Legal Protection up to £50,000
  • Keycare, up to £1,000 per year

If you are a landlord there can be a high level of risk involved with renting out your property, so it’s important to have the right protection in place.

Landlord insurance is an insurance policy that covers a property owner from financial losses connected to rental properties. Landlord insurance covers the buildings within your property including any outbuildings that are within the boundary of your property.

Budget Insurance is one of the UK’s leading insurance providers and we work with our network of selected insurers to find you great landlord cover.

If you have been the victim of burglary, for your safety and to report the crime please be sure to ring the police prior to contacting your insurance provider.

For all other Budget home insurance claims, please call our claims line immediately on 0344 4122 128. Our lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and our team of dedicated claims representatives are ready to help you through your claim.

When you take out a home insurance policy with Budget, you will receive a number of policy documents. There’s no need to worry about printing these if you don’t want to, you can access and download all your documents within your online My Account area. This is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you are a homeowner in the UK and want to temporarily house refugees who have been displaced from the conflict in Ukraine as family members (or members of the household), you do not need to inform us and your cover will remain the same. This applies for the first 12 months of any refugees living with you. You should inform us when your policy is due for renewal if you are continuing to house Ukrainian refugees.

As any refugees staying with you would be classed as ‘members of the household’, your policy would provide cover for their personal possessions too. However, we would strongly advise you to ensure your policy has sufficient cover for their needs as well, particularly with respect to contents cover and limits for specified items. Please contact us if you wish to make changes to your contents policy limits.

If homeowners wish to house refugees displaced from the conflict in Ukraine in their second homes, guest homes or rental properties, or for longer than 12 months at their primary residence, you should discuss this with your insurer in the first instance.

Budger Logo
Need a Budget Home Insurance Quote ?

We’re currently experiencing a high volume of calls into our contact centre and whilst we are doing our very best to maintain service levels, we ask that you only call our contact centre if absolutely necessary so we can keep our phone lines available  for vulnerable customers and those who don’t have access to online services.

If you need to check any details or make a change to your policy, please  log in to your Self-Service Centre. It will be much quicker for you to make changes to your policy online at the moment. Once logged in, you can also use our Webchat service which is available Monday- Saturday 8am-6pm and Sunday 10am-4pm to make changes, accept or decline your renewal or if you need to let us know about a claim. To log in, please click here.

We also have some other information that may be useful. Click here to read our FAQ’s, and information on what we are doing to support key workers can be found here.