Family Legal Protection
Get up to £50,000 towards your legal costs
Here at Budget Insurance we know that being involved in a legal dispute can often be stressful and difficult. Not knowing who to turn to for advice can make matters even worse. This is where our Family Legal Protection can provide you with sound legal advice as well as peace of mind. We offer a confidential legal helpline, which is available 24 hours a day, all year round, so you can get advice right when you need it.
Being involved in any legal dispute can also affect you financially. Our Family Legal Protection can offer financial support, of up to £50,000, to cover a range of different legal fees that may occur as part of a legal dispute.
Family Legal Protection features and benefits include:
- Up to £50,000 cover towards your legal costs subject to £100 excess and providing your claim is reported within 90 days
- A confidential legal helpline open Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
- Cover for the person named on the insurance schedule, his/her husband/ wife or civil partner and children under the age of 21, if normally resident at the address shown on the schedule
- Help and advice on property disputes, e.g. ownership, neighbour or boundary problems
- Help with employment disputes, e.g. unfair dismissal, discrimination, etc.
- Help and advice on disputes involving the purchase, hire purchase or lease of goods or services for your private use
- Any claim must have a reasonable chance of a successful case being brought against it
- You must notify us within 90 days of the insured event taking place. No claims can be back-dated
- An employment claim cannot be made within the first 90 days of the policy start date. Additionally, for a neighbourly dispute, a claim cannot be made within 180 days of the policy start date
- Cover will not be provided for motor related personal injury claims
- A £100 excess is payable per claim
- Cover is only available for those living in the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
Please refer to the policy document for full terms, exclusions and limitations.