Personal Accident Cover
Personal Accident Cover is designed to help support you financially if you were to sustain an injury as a results of an accident anywhere in the world.
The financial support from Personal Accident Cover is a cash sum paid out to you or your family if you are injured in an accident. The amount paid out is related to how severe the injury is, from minor injuries such as fractures up to fatality and long standing disabilities, Personal Accident Cover is there to help you.
For a lot of our van insurance customers, an injury and time spent in hospital would have an impact on their income. This is why our cover compensates you if you have to stay in hospital or go for outpatient care. Another benefit to Personal Accident Cover is that the cash sum paid is not linked to a legal case proceeding that might be going ahead if you are pursuing damages relating to the accident. The cash benefits are paid based on your injury, not a legal verdict
Personal Accident Cover features and benefits include?
- Cover for the main driver for accidents occurring inside and outside the vehicle anywhere in the world
- Up to £30,000 financial support for the main driver following an accident
- Up to £4,000 cover for fractures (up to £1,000 per fracture)
- If an accident means you have to stay in hospital Personal Accident Cover gives you £50 per 24 hours, up to £4,000 per claim. This also extends to outpatient care with £50 per day, up to £300
- Up to £750 cover for whiplash when diagnosed by a medical professional
- Cover is provided for the main driver only. Cover is not available for injuries to passengers
- Cover will not be provided for self-inflicted injuries, or injuries as a result of excess alcohol or drug use
- To be eligible for Personal Accident Cover you need to be a permanent UK resident and aged between 18 and 69 when you take out a policy
Full terms, limitations and benefits can be found in the Personal Accident Cover policy documents.