Personal Accident Cover
Sometimes worst-case scenarios happen and although we can’t turn back the clock if you’ve had an accident, we can help you out financially with our Personal Accident Cover. If you are injured in an accident anywhere in the world, then Personal Accident Cover can pay out a cash benefit to help support you and your family. The cash benefit will vary depending on the severity of the injury, with pay-outs for injuries ranging from fractures through to fatal injuries. Our cover also helps if you have to spend time in hospital over an extended period of time or as an outpatient.
Personal Accident Cover is separate to potentially lengthy legal proceedings that may occur if you are trying to claim damages from another party involved in an accident. This means that any cash benefits that are paid out only depend on you and your insurance, not the decision of a legal case.
Personal Accident Cover features and benefits include?
- Cover for the main driver for accidents occurring inside and outside the vehicle anywhere in the world
- Up to £30,000 financial support for the main driver following an accident
- Up to £4,000 cover for fractures (up to £1,000 per fracture)
- If an accident means you have to stay in hospital Personal Accident Cover gives you £50 per 24 hours, up to £4,000 per claim. This also extends to outpatient care with £50 per day, up to £300
- Up to £750 cover for whiplash when diagnosed by a medical professional
- Cover is provided for the main driver only. Cover is not available for injuries to passengers
- Cover will not be provided for self-inflicted injuries, or injuries as a result of excess alcohol or drug use
- To be eligible for Personal Accident Cover you need to be a permanent UK resident and aged between 18 and 69 when you take out a policy
Full terms, limitations and benefits can be found in the Personal Accident Cover policy documents.