Changing your Van Insurance details
When can I make changes to my van insurance policy?
- You can make changes to your van insurance policy at any time
- You don’t need to give us notice, but you can’t backdate any changes
- Any changes you make will be effective immediately
- You can specify a date in the future when you want the change to happen, but it can’t be any further than the last day of the following month
- You can’t make a future amendment if it’s after the expiry date of your policy
What changes do I need to tell you about?
If there are any changes to the information that you gave us when you took out your current van insurance policy, you must tell us immediately. If you don’t, your policy could be rejected or become invalid, which could result in you not being insured.
Please tell us if any of the details in your policy documents change, for example, if:
- You are changing the van
- You make any modifications or add non-standard accessories, including changes to the engine, suspension, brakes, body, exhaust or wheels
- You change your address, or the address where the van is usually kept at overnight
- You change the people who will be driving the van
- Any of the insured drivers have any driving or speeding convictions, other than fixed penalty parking offences
- Any of the insured drivers changes their marital status
- Any of the insured drivers changes their occupation
- Any of the insured drivers are involved in a motor accident or are involved in any motor claims
- Any of the insured drivers develop a medical or physical condition that affects their driving ability
- You want to change the level of cover
- You want to change the class of use
- Your annual mileage has changed
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and if you’re not sure what to tell us about, please just contact us to check.
What will happen if my details change?
Once you’ve told us about any changes to your van insurance policy, we’ll make any adjustments to your premium. Sometimes we might have to refer your changes to your insurance company, but we’ll let you know when they’ve made a decision.
New policy documents will be produced to confirm that the changes have been made. If the changes have affected your premium, or if you’ve added any additional products, we’ll also issue an updated Policy Payment Arrangements document to confirm the new payment details.
Please also note:
- If the premium changes and there are still instalments left to pay, we’ll adjust your payments to take in the new premium
- If the premium was paid in one lump sum, or if there aren’t any more instalments left to pay, we’ll arrange for a refund or for you to make a single payment
- We may need to charge an amendment fee for some mid-term van insurance policy changes
- You don’t need to pay any amendment fees if you make any changes to your van insurance policy within 14 days of receiving the initial policy
- Any changes you make by email will not be considered as complete unless you receive confirmation from us