What are my obligations?
When you take out a car insurance policy with Budget Insurance, as part of our general policy conditions you will be required to conform to our five main obligations.
These obligations form part of your insurance contract and the insurer will only provide you with the cover detailed in the policy document providing you and the other drivers on the policy comply with the conditions.
Please see below a brief overview of our five obligations. You can find out more about them in your policy documents.
Obligation 1 – taking care of your car
- Your car should be kept in a roadworthy condition
- Your car should have a current MOT certificate, if applicable
- You should take all reasonable care to make sure you protect your car against loss or damage
Obligation 2 – your duty to disclose information
- You should make sure that you have answered all our questions truthfully
- You must tell us about any changes to your details as soon as you can
Obligation 3 – accidents and claims
- You should tell us if you or any insured driver is aware of any accident or loss relating to your car
- You should tell us if you or any insured driver receives a notification of a prosecution, an inquest or a fatal accident enquiry
Obligation 4 – fraud
- You must not make any false or exaggerated claims
Obligation 5 – other insurances
- If you make a claim and there is any other insurance covering the same liability, the cost must be shared by all the insurers involved