When can I make changes to my car insurance policy?
As with most insurance providers, you can make changes to your insurance policy at any time, please contact us to make changes to your policy. You can’t back date any changes once your policy is live, please ensure you contact us promptly to make any immediate changes or to future date a change to your policy details.
You can specify a date in the future when you require the change to happen. However, changes cannot be any further than the last day of the following month and no future amendments can be made if they are after the expiry of the policy term.
To make a change to your car insurance policy with Budget Insurance. Please visit your Self-Service-Centre or call our Customer Service Team on 0334 412 2118. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am-9pm; Saturday 9am-5pm; Sunday 10am-4pm.
What changes do I need to tell my insurance provider about?
You will need to inform your insurance provider if there are any changes to the information that you provided when you first took out your current car insurance policy. You must inform your insurance provider immediately so your policy information can be updated. If you don’t, your policy could become invalid or rejected, which could result in you not being insured.
Here are some examples of the types of changes you need to tell your insurance provider about:
- You are changing your vehicle
- You make any vehicle modifications, including changes to the engine, suspension, brakes, body, exhaust or wheels
- You change your address, or the address where the car is kept overnight
- You add or remove people who will be driving the car
- Any of the insured drivers have any driving or speeding convictions, other than fixed penalty parking offences
- Any of the insured drivers change their marital status
- Any of the insured drivers change their occupation
- Any of the insured drivers are involved in a motor accident or are involved in any motor claims
- Any of the insured drivers develop a medical or physical condition that affects their driving ability
- You want to change the level of cover
- You want to change the class of use
- Your annual mileage has changed
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and if you’re unsure whether you need to tell your insurance provider about a recent change, give them a call to double check.
How can I tell Budget Insurance about the changes I need to make?
You can tell us about the changes you need to make to your car insurance policy by calling our dedicated Customer Services Team on: 0344 412 2118 who will be able to change your policy for you. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am-9pm; Saturday 9am-5pm; Sunday 10am-4pm.
Alternatively, you might be able to make the change yourself online by accessing your Self Service Centre.
What will happen if my details change?
If your details change, you will need to contact your insurance provider to make them aware of the changes. Once you’ve told your insurance provider about it, they will update your car insurance policy, and if necessary will make any adjustments to your premium.
You will then be sent your new policy documents to confirm that the changes have been made. If the changes have affected your premium, or if you’ve added any additional products, you will also be issued with an updated Policy Payment Arrangements document to confirm the new payment details.
Please be aware when changing your details with Budget Insurance the following situations may apply:
- If the premium changes and there are still instalments left to pay, we’ll adjust your payments taking into account the new premium.
- If the premium was paid in full upfront, or if there are no instalments left to pay, we’ll arrange for a refund or for you to make a single payment.
- There may be an amendment fee or increase in the price of your policy for some changes made to your car insurance policy. This will depend on the risk associated with the change. If you would like to discuss your change or get advise on your change, please call our dedicated Customer Services Team on 0344 412 2118. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am-9pm; Saturday 9am-5pm; Sunday 10am-4pm.
- Any changes you make via email will not be considered as complete unless you receive confirmation from us. Please call our Customer Service Team on 0344 412 2118 to request a change to your policy. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am-9pm; Saturday 9am-5pm; Sunday 10am-4pm.