Your Budget Van Insurance policy documents explained
You can view all of your van insurance policy documents when you log in to your Self Service Centre. Alternatively, we are happy to send you copies of your documents by post, but we will need to make a small £5.00 charge for this service.
What documents will I receive when I take out a car insurance policy?
- What’s in the document pack
- What you need to do next
- All our important contact details
- Reminders of any documentation that you need to send to us, such as proof of No Claims Discount
Policy payment arrangements
- How much your payments will be (this will be dependent upon whether you have chosen to pay annually or by monthly instalments)
- Which account or card they’ll be taken from
- How the Direct Debit guarantee works
Pre-contract credit information (if applicable)
We’ll only send you this document if you’re paying by monthly instalments. It explains:
- The total cost of the credit agreement
- The key features of the credit arrangement
- How to get in touch if you have any queries
Fixed sum loan agreement (if applicable)
The Fixed Sum Loan Agreement is a legal contract to supply credit to a customer and is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The agreement contains key financial information such as:
- Amount of credit
- Term of agreement
- Instalment amounts and frequency
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
- Charges applied (e.g. if you miss a payment)
- Early settlement amounts
If you’re paying by monthly instalments, you’ll get two copies of this document. All you need to do is sign one copy and return it to us, and keep the other copy for your records.
Statement of insurance
This shows all the details you gave us about you and your van when you bought your policy.
Motor policy summary
This shows what your policy includes, along with any limitations or exclusions.
Schedule of insurance
- Details of your insurance
- Your policy number
- Cover details
- Who is insured to drive your van
- Any excesses that apply to your policy
- Which sections of the policy wording apply to you
- The name and address of the insurer that’s underwriting your policy
Motor policy wording
This contains all the general information about your van insurance policy. It also explains your obligations as a policyholder, our rights and any general exclusions to your policy.
Important information about our Insurance Intermediary Services
This document sets out important information about how we will arrange and administer your insurance policy on your behalf and forms a separate contract with you. It details the services we will provide to you, our fees and charges and includes information about how your policy will be renewed. It also shows how we are regulated.
Certificate of motor insurance
This certificate is proof that you have the minimum insurance required by the Road Traffic Act. You’ll have a separate certificate for each insured van.
Direct Debit instruction (DDI) (if applicable)
We can usually set up a DDI over the phone when you buy your policy, but we’ll send out a printed version if:
- The account holder did not want to give us verbal authorisation
- We didn’t speak to the account holder when the policy was being bought
- The DDI has previously been cancelled by the account holder’s bank
The DDI must be signed by the account holder and accepted by the bank before we can take any payments from the account.
If you’ve bought any additional products, you can view and download their documents from the Self Service Centre as well. Or we can send them out by post for a small charge of £5.00, if requested.
Additional products might include:
- Breakdown Assistance
- Motor Legal Protection
- Guaranteed Replacement Car
If you’ve bought Keycare or Personal Accident Cover, we will send you the relevant documents separately.