Personal Accident Cover
Personal Accident Cover is designed to help support you financially if you were to sustain an injury as a results of an accident in your van.
The financial support from Personal Accident Cover is a cash sum paid out to you or your family if you are injured in an accident as the driver or passenger of your van. The amount paid out is related to how severe the injury is, from minor injuries such as fractures up to fatality and long standing disabilities, Personal Accident Cover is there to help you.
For a lot of our van insurance customers, an injury and time spent in hospital would have an impact on their income. This is why our cover compensates you if you have to stay in hospital or go for outpatient care. Another benefit to Personal Accident Cover is that the cash sum paid is not linked to a legal case proceeding that might be going ahead if you are pursuing damages relating to the accident. The cash benefits are paid based on your injury, not a legal verdict
Personal Accident Cover features and benefits include?
- Up to £30,000 cover for the main driver and their family to help adapt following a life changing injury
- Up to £2,000 cover for burns and £1,000 cover for fractures
- Personal Accident Cover pays out £50 for each 24 hour period spent in hospital, up to £4,000 per claim, and £50 per day for outpatient care, up to £300 per claim
- Up to £750 cover for whiplash based on diagnosis by a medical professional
- Cover is for the main driver only, cover is not provided for the injury of passengers
- Self-inflicted injuries or injuries sustained as a result of alcohol or drug use will not be covered
- Cover is only available to permanent UK residents aged 18 to 69
- Claims are only permitted for injuries occurring up to 52 weeks after an accident
Full terms, limitations and benefits can be found in the Personal Accident Cover policy documents.