Van Insurance: Mirrored No Claims Discount
Great news! Budget Insurance has joined the new band of van insurance providers offering mirrored NCD.
Many insurers only allow you to apply your No Claims Discount to one vehicle and only the policy holder can benefit from this. That’s where Budget Insurance is different. We have joined a revolutionary new band of insurers who reward customers for experienced driving.
What is Mirrored No Claims Discount?
If you have earned No Claims Discount on another vehicle that is not the vehicle you are insuring either as a named driver or the main policy holder, you may be able to apply your No Claims Discount to another vehicle.
How do I know if Mirrored No Claims Discount applies to me?
To benefit from Mirrored No Claims Discount you must:
- Be the policy holder of another active UK car or van insurance policy or;
- Be a named driver on another active UK car or van insurance policy and be the husband, wife or civil partner of the policy holder or;
- Live at the same address as the policy holder and;
- Have driven the car or van claim free for as little as 1 year
What do I need to provide as proof in order to get Mirrored No Claims Discount?
Please be advised that you may be asked to provide proof of your No Claims Discount within 7 days of the start date of your policy.
This information can often be found on the policy’s Statement or Schedule of Insurance. We may also accept another document from your current insurer providing it meets the following criteria:
- It must be for an active policy on a different vehicle to the one being insured with us
- It must show the No Claims Discount in years or percentage
- It must clearly state your name as the policy holder or as a named driver with husband/ wife or civil partner of the policy holder status
- It must be for a car or van - we cannot accept No Claims Discount from motorcycle policies
If you aren’t able to provide proof, the cost of your policy will increase, and in some cases, may be cancelled