Making a Van Insurance claim
Do you need to make a claim on your van insurance? Don’t worry about all of the jargon and questions that come with making a claim, here at Budget Insurance we’ve made it simple for you. Below is everything you need to know about making a claim and we’ve also got some tips on what to do if you are in a motor accident or if your van is stolen.
What do I do if I am involved in a motor accident?
If you're in an accident, in the first instance, it’s important that you remain calm and ensure you and your passengers are safe and unharmed. Thereafter, the below steps provide an overview on what to do next:
- Stay where you are and don’t drive away
- Make sure no one has been hurt. If someone has been hurt, call an ambulance
- Don’t admit blame or liability, or offer to pay for any damage or injuries
- Take the other driver’s name, address, contact phone number and vehicle registration number, and the contact details of anyone else involved
- Take down the contact details of any witnesses
- If it is safe to do so, use a camera or the camera on your phone to take pictures of the scene
- If possible, make a sketch of the scene to show all the vehicles and people involved, including witnesses
What do I do if my van is stolen?
If you find yourself in the unfortunate circumstance where your van has been stolen, call the police and file a police report immediately. You will be provided with a ‘crime reference number’.
Once you have a crime reference number, contact your insurer’s claims helpline for further support. When contacting your insurer, the following information would be useful to have to hand:
- Your full name, address and date of birth
- Your crime reference number
How do I make a claim on my van insurance?
Typically, in order to make a claim on your van insurance policy you will need to contact your insurer to make them aware of the circumstances surrounding your claim.
To claim on your van insurance if your van is involved in an accident or in the unfortunate event that it is stolen, we have a dedicated team of claims representatives ready to take your call on 0344 412 2129, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What evidence will I need to make a van insurance claim?
When you call your insurer to make a claim, you will need to provide them with your policy number, full name, date of birth and address as well as your crime reference number if applicable.
Budget Insurance can help fast if your van is involved in an accident or is stolen. We have a dedicated team of van insurance representatives ready to take your claims call on 0344 412 2129, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.