Budget Van Insurance
Budget’s Comprehensive Van Insurance features and benefits include:
- Cover for the loss of or damage to your van that is caused by accidental or malicious damage, vandalism, fire, theft or attempted theft
- Cover for any damage to your window screen or the damage to any window- Windscreen cover allows you to recoup the cost of any windscreen repairs, or even a full windscreen replacement if necessary
- A refund of your paid excess should your van be involved in an accident that is caused by an uninsured driver
- Up to £500 cover for replacement locks
- Up to £500 cover for post-accident hotel expenses for you and your passengers
- Cover will not be provided for any damage caused by the incorrect maintenance or fuelling of your van
- The theft if the keys are left in or on the car while it is left unattended will not be covered
- Driving other cars cover is not provided with this policy
Why choose Budget?
- UK award-winning call centre - our team are available to take your calls Monday to Friday 8am-9pm; Saturday 9am-5pm; Sunday 10am-4pm.
- Rated great by over 5,000 customers on Trustpilot.
- We’ve helped over 2.8m customers.
- Our handy self-service centre allows you to manage and change your policy online – this includes making payments, amending policies and printing you documents at any time.
Why do I need van insurance?
In the UK, it’s legally required for all drivers on the road to insure their vehicles. Van insurance covers you in the event of an accident on the road. Depending on the level of insurance you get, you could be covered against damage to another person, property and vehicle as well as any injuries you sustain or damage to your own vehicle. Anyone driving without van insurance could receive a fine, be prosecuted or receive a driving ban.
What types of van insurance is available to me?
There are four main types of van insurance available in the UK which offer various levels of protection. You’ll need to check with your insurance provider what level of cover your policy offers you.
The four types of van insurance policies available are:
Telematics relies on a black box being installed in your van. This type of cover calculates your premium based on the information that is fed back from the box, this often includes;
- distance travelled
- breaking style
- time of day/night that you are on the road
We don’t currently offer telematics insurance here at Budget, but there are plenty of providers in the market should you wish to get this kind of cover.
Third party only
This is the minimum level of cover that you are legally required to have in the UK. Third party insurance provides you with cover for; liability for the injury of others (including passengers), damage to someone else’s property and liability whilst towing a caravan or trailer but this does not cover damage to the driver's own vehicle.
Third party; fire and theft
This level of cover provides you with protection from everything that’s included in a third party policy (see above), plus fire damage, the theft of your vehicle and damage to your van caused during the theft of it.
This is the highest level of insurance available within the UK. Comprehensive insurance provides cover if your van is stolen, damaged by fire or accidentally damaged.
You’re covered if you are involved in a road traffic accident and you’re also covered for claims made against you by other people for bodily injury or damage, made by your vehicle to their property.
Why should I take out van insurance with Budget Insurance?
Here at Budget Insurance we understand if you’re self-employed your business can suffer if your van has been involved in an accident or stolen. However you use your van, we can find you great value insurance with cover that’s right for you.
Not only do we offer great Van Insurance, but we also look after our customers when they need us. Our customer service team are on hand 7 days a week to answer any questions you may have regarding your van insurance and our UK claims helpline is open 24/7 so we’re here when you need us.
We also provide you with access to your policy documents via our online Self Service Centre 24 hours a day. You can make payments, amend your policies and view and print your insurance documents at a time to suit you.
How do I get a van insurance quote?
All you need to get started is a few details to hand, including:
- Personal details - name, date of birth, address, job title
- Car details - registration plate, make, model and age
- Driving history – how long you’ve had your licence, any claims or driving convictions and any year’s No Claims Discount you have
- How your car will be used - Estimated annual mileage, where it’ll be parked and if there are any additional drivers
You may be asked for additional information or specific proof, depending on what the insurance provider is requesting.
When you’re ready, head over to our quotes journey by clicking here.
If you need any help during the quote process, please call our Customer Service Team on 0344 412 2124. Our team are available to take your calls Monday to Friday 8am-9pm; Saturday 9am-5pm; Sunday 10am-4pm.