Home Insurance Claims Process

Do you need to make a claim on your home insurance? Here’s everything you need to know to do just that.

How do I claim on my home insurance?

To make a claim on your home insurance, the first thing you will need to do is contact your insurer to make them aware of your intention to claim. Call the designated claims number that you will find within your policy documents or online, explain to them what has happened and ask for their steer on the next steps that you and The Insurer need to complete in order to get your claim sorted.

If you have been the victim of burglary, for your safety and to report the crime, please be sure to ring the police prior to contacting your insurance provider. The police may need to carry out forensics as soon as possible, so it’s in your interest to ensure that nothing is touched until the police have completed the investigations. Additionally, the police will issue you with a crime reference number which you will need before you can proceed with making a claim on your home insurance.

To make a claim on your Budget Home Insurance policy, call our claims line immediately on 0344 4122 128. Our lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and our team of dedicated claims representatives are ready to help you through your claim.

When you call your insurer to make a claim, typically you will need to provide them with your policy number, full name and address as well as a police crime reference number if a crime has been reported. To ensure that your claim is handled as quickly as possible, you are also advised to provide the claims advisor with as much information about your claim and the situation.

When you call Budget Insurance to make a claim on your home insurance, you’ll need to provide the policyholders name and address. If you’ve got the policy number to hand, that will speed up the process.

What am I covered for under my Budget Home Insurance policy?

Depending on your policy type and your selected level of cover, Budget Home Insurance will cover you for the following:

If you have buildings insurance

  • Your home including outbuildings that are within the boundary of your property

If you have contents insurance

  • Household goods and non-permanent fixtures and fittings
  • Personal belongings, with an option to insure them outside the home as well
  • Up to £3,000 for office equipment and furniture if you run a business from home. Please be advised that you will need to have informed us that you use your home for business premises when you completed your quote in order to claim for this)

For more information on what is covered under your specific policy, please see your policy wording.