Ah! Holidays, don’t you just love them! Whether it's a weekend away or your summer holiday, we all want to make memories, but without breaking the bank. Here at Budget Insurance we like to think that we are super savvy, so we have put our heads together and come up with some hints and tips to help make your spending money go further!
Although we always start off with the best intentions, holidays often creep up on us and before we know it we are on the plane ready to go! Planning ahead not only saves us time and money but quite a lot of stress! So make sure you have the following things covered:
- Whether you are travelling by train or car to get to the airport, make sure you book in advance to get the best deals
- Ensure you purchase your currency before you get to the airport and shop around for the best exchange rate
- If you need a car whilst you are abroad make sure you take the time to look online and pre book before you travel to get the best deal. There’s nothing worse than getting to your destination and having to scurry around the airport looking for a hire car
- Take your toiletries with you, don’t buy them at the airport, they cost a fortune! If you are only taking hand luggage then buy the travel size bottles that you can decant your toiletries into
Whilst not everyone can leave their travel arrangements until the last minute, if you can hang on and book at the last minute you can get some great deals. It’s also worth noting that if you have the time it’s worth checking out a range of websites to cross check the different prices. By booking your flights and hotel separately, you can often save some money as flight prices differ daily.
When on holiday we often adopt a YOLO attitude, but your holiday money doesn’t need to burn a hole in your pocket, be thrifty and make it last longer. These are some of our top tips to make your holiday money go further:
- Work out how much you want to spend per day and stick to it! It’s quite handy to make a tally of your daily spend so you can keep an eye on how quickly your funds are diminishing
- You see it, you want it, put it down! As hard as it may be, try not to make impulse purchases, do you really need it? It might seem like an essential at the time, but sleep on it, you might not want it in the morning
- If you have facilitates available in your holiday accommodation, eat in a couple of nights during your stay. Meals out are lovely, but they can often add up
- Look out for the larger supermarkets to stock up on your essentials like sun cream, water and snacks. Often the shops in the busy tourist areas are double the price!
Shop around for travel insurance
It’s something you can’t leave home without, but make sure you are getting the right cover for you and your family depending on the trip you are going on. If you are planning a few trips during the year, annual premiums are often more cost effective. Click here to get a quote now.