RAC Van Breakdown Assistance
If your van breaks down, it could be expensive once you’ve added in call out fees, motorway tow truck charges and garage bills.
When you take out RAC Breakdown Assistance, you’re putting yourself in the hands of the most experienced breakdown organisation in the UK. With friendly staff and a 24/7 helpline, they’ll do their best to try and get you back on the road.
This is what’s included in the cover:
- UK roadside - if you're more than 1/4 mile from your home address, the RAC will aim to fix your van at the roadside. If this isn't possible, they will take your van and up to 8 people to the nearest garage, or a destination of your choice, within 10 miles of the breakdown.
- UK roadside and recovery - the same cover as UK roadside, but the RAC will also take your van and up to 8 people to your destination or back home, anywhere in the UK.
- UK roadside, recovery and at home - the same cover as UK roadside and recovery, but the RAC will also provide assistance if you are at your home address or within 1/4 mile of your home address.
- UK roadside, recovery, at home and onward travel - the same cover as UK roadside, recovery and at home, but you'll also get either replacement vehicle hire for up to 24 hours; onward travel by another means or overnight accomodation while your vehicle is being repaired up to a limit of £150 per person or £500 for your party, whichever is less.
- EU and UK roadside, recovery, at home and onward travel - the same cover as UK roadside, recovery, at home and onward travel, but you'll also be covered for assistance in 47 European countries.
Please refer to policy document for full terms, exclusions and limitations.