motor legal protection
Uninsured Loss Recovery (ULR)
If you’re in an accident that’s not your fault, our Motor Legal Protection can help you and your passengers claim back any uninsured losses from the person that caused the accident. We will appoint a solicitor to represent you and help you claim those losses back which aren’t covered by your van insurance policy. These include:
- help recovering your excess if the accident isn’t your fault
- help recovering lost earnings, phone bills, travel costs and much more
- compensation and medical expenses if you or your passengers have any injuries as a result of the accident
- £100,000 legal cover – that’s more than double the amount offered by some providers to help claim uninsured losses
- A 24/7, all year round claims hotline with a dedicated team of advisers to help you
- Up to £20,000 cover for legal expenses if you are facing suspension or disqualification of your driving licence
- Motor legal helpline
Our Motor Legal Protection is now even more important
A change in regulations in England and Wales in 2013 means that solicitors can now charge a fee of up to 25% of any compensation awarded to you following a non-fault claim.
Here at Budget Insurance we will protect you and your passengers from this if you add Motor Legal Protection to your policy. We guarantee that you will keep 100% of any award made to you.
In addition to these benefits Motor Legal Protection provides the policy holder with the following services:
Motor Prosecution Defence
If you are facing suspension or disqualification of your driving licence, we can instruct a solicitor to act on your behalf. This provides cover for your legal expenses incurred in defending your legal rights up to a maximum of £20,000.
Motor Legal Helpline
If you require legal advice relating to a motoring issue, our helpline is available 24/7 with a dedicated team of advisors waiting to help you.
Summary of Motor Legal Protection benefits:
Please refer to the policy document for full terms, exclusions and limitations